Benefits of Hiring a Paraquat Lawyer
As per CDC, paraquat is highly dangerous and can cause severe health damage if consumed. It is a restricted-use chemical that licensed consumers can use only. However, several paraquat poisoning cases have come forth. It is found mainly in people who work or handle this toxic chemical. If you have been exposed to paraquat and you think it has caused negative implications on your health, then hiring a paraquat lawyer should be the next step.
What Is Paraquat?
Paraquat is an herbicide produced commercially since 1961. It is banned in various countries by the European Union. It is used to kill weeds in the agricultural field. It is used around plantations, commercial farms, orchards, and properties. It can be bought and handled by licensed users only.
This herbicide is highly toxic as one sip, or 2.5 grams of this compound, consumed or inhaled, can kill. Parkinson’s disease is one of the effects of paraquat exposure. Some other signs of exposure are:
- Heart, kidney, and liver failure
- Lung scarring
Who Is A Paraquat Attorney?
A paraquat attorney is a legal professional who will help represent you in a tort case against a person or business that caused paraquat exposure. They will help you get compensated for the losses.
If you or anybody in your family or business has suffered from paraquat exposure, then you can claim financial damages. The settlements will cover both financial and non-financial losses. You can hire a paraquat attorney and get a complete assessment of the damages and injuries.
Some of the grounds of compensation include:
- Income loss due to lost wages and loss of future income.
- Medical costs include doctor bills, therapy bills, medical prescriptions.
- Loss of companionship, guidance, and support.
- Pain and suffering are caused due to injuries or losing a loved one.
- Cost of domestic recovery like medical assistance.
- Funeral and burial costs in case of death of a loved one.
What Are The Benefits Of Hiring A Paraquat Attorney?
Some of the benefits of hiring a paraquat lawyer are:
- Consultation: A lawyer will help understand the case. It will help understand the lawsuit better. And they will provide consultations to the plaintiff regarding their role.
- Assess Compensation: They will help assess the financial and other damages caused by paraquat exposure. It will help evaluate the settlement in the case as per the damages caused.
- Collect Data And Proof: You will get complete help in collecting and gathering the medical and other pieces of evidence required for the case. It will help in the claim settlement process.
- Talk To The Medical Experts: Attorneys will consult with other medical experts to understand the extent of medical damage. In many cases of Parkinson’s, it can be challenging to understand the reasons and the timeline. They will get the needed data from the doctors.
- Complete Paperwork: Lastly, an attorney will handle the paperwork and case filing. And will help understand the legalities of the case. They will also help in court representation.
Paraquat is still used in many industries and commercial farms, and there is always a chance of exposure. However, you can get the needed legal guidance from a paraquat attorney. They will help file a case, assess the damage, and provide consultation to get fair compensation.